<VV> LM a/c side vent bezel

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 3 21:19:23 EDT 2009

All,

It was mentioned at the convention that a possible substitute for the LM
a/c side bezel would be a '66-7 Chevelle bezel. I've looked up the part on
www.ss396.com and find that while it looks like a possible substitute,
there's at least one thing wrong with it. The character line that encircles
the ball is radiused off. The Corvair bezel's character line comes to a
sharp edge. (It is their item number IK-851.)

While I don't know at this time if the contour will fit up to the Corvair
dash, this bezel might be worth looking into further as a custom
substitute. However, I'm putting everyone on notice, including Professor
Claypool, to be on the lookout for this part. It won't cut the mustard in
the factory stock class, even if its contour would mate to the Corvair dash.

-Mark Corbin, Prez of the Air 'Vair Group