<VV> [fastvair] machining info

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 17:29:02 EDT 2009

 You probably want 7075T651. It costs hardly any more than 6061, is stronger, machines more easily, and anodizes better, should one wish to do so. However, it's not weldable, which 6061 is.
Cost? Well, any suitable aluminum alloy is going to run about the same, no matter what you choose. Not sure what you mean by expensive, quantity definitely helps! One of the advantages of casting, FAR less waste/

John Roberts