<VV> supersize wheels, was: More Re: Brakes grabbing

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 20:17:38 EDT 2009

 First of all, ALL of the cars I have EVER owned have been either RWD, 4WD, or AWD. I have NEVER owned a wrong wheel drive car. NOT EVER!!! Nor will I, if I can help it. Alas, hybrids and hypermilers tend to be all in the wrong wheel drive class...

Yeah, I call tires like that rim protectors. Basically, paint a coating of rubber on the aluminum, and away you go! Porsche had to make a wheel mod early on. The air volume in these ultra low profile tires was so low, it killed the ride quality. Their solution? Hollow out the spokes! Interesting...

John Roberts