<VV> snow cars

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Aug 9 09:44:44 EDT 2009

At 02:26 PM 8/8/2009, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/8/2009 8:34:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:
>

> >I've had Corvairs with studded snows at all four  corners. Definitely a
>GREAT snow car! But then I got my first Subaru ...
> >

>I have waited and waited for an explanation - What is this "snow" of which
>you all speak?  Is it some kind of white substance that accumulates on the
>road? Or is that something else I've heard called "salt"?
>

>Seth  Emerson  - Waiting patiently in sunny  but shaky, California

'Tis that which falls from above in times of the shortest days of the
months in the valleys of the commonwealth which took its name from
the English queen who could not get laid.    Although those with
great authority and equally great ignorance feel that such events as
the precipitation of this white substance should come to an end
because of their claims that the world warms uncontrollably, the
substance continues to blanket our beloved commonwealth on a regular
basis during those shortened days thus causing grief to those who
drive not the 4WD or products of Willow Run in its days of glory.

Should our beloved commonwealth ever suspect that salt, rather than
current chemical mysteries, would be best to combat the white glove
which embraces the land in cold months, I shall become a vigilante
and do my very best to infest their underwear with the larva of
snails and slugs, so as to give these cretins cause to reflect upon
another best usage of the salt they would otherwise spread far and
wide, which in this one's humble opinion is geared towards dissolving
our vintage chariots thus steering the common man into dealerships so
as to deplete his wallet further, while also raising the attention to
the conundrum of where the common man should go to purchase a new
chariot once his old one returns to the earth in oxide form... once
the mighty one in DC closes all the dealerships.

I drive my vintage steed not, in winter months when the white blanked
comes, for fear of the response to the possible results of the sodium
chloride plague considered by those who know not what they do.

tony..