<VV> OTTO OT10 CAM?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 10:11:55 EDT 2009

recently i built an engine for the rampy with powerglide.  all is fine  ,
but i cant seem to keep valve adjustment , whole valve train gets noisy after
 a short time.  i use the lucas break in additives etc , so i doubt the oil
 is the issue. this is not my first corvair engine by a longshot!  , in
fact  3 others running very good in the last 3 or less years. so over the
weekend we  attended a corvair club event where i was discussing this with a
person who just  put together a similar motor with same source of cam and
lifters.  turns  out he is having the same problem. today i plan on taking lifters
out and  looking at them.  any other guys out there run into such problems?
  this is the most i have spent in time and money on a motor to use and
enjoy ,  but the most trouble also.  it runs good , but sounds like a 62 fuelie
 vette with solid lifters .
so looking for answers from people who have actually run into this  , NOT
theories on valve adjustment , oil quality ,etc. as i get older , it  gets
harder to deal with possible bad parts or such out there.
i may just put an old 9889 cam and its matching used lifters ( they look
real good!) into it.
regards, tim colson   (loosing my  cool!)