<VV> FWD, etc.

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Mon Aug 10 12:54:54 EDT 2009

Amen James!

I love my Corvairs but I would rather drive a FWD than a RWD any time in wet
or snow conditions. They may not have the ultimate handling ability of a
Corvair or well set up RWD, but they are very comfortable and controllable
in adverse conditions. I was never more scared in my life than I was when
driving my new '97 RWD T-Bird (with traction control) in slick conditions.
The thing was almost uncontrollable!  My Corvairs were always great in snow
except when it was so deep that it lifted the front wheels off the ground,
making them impossible to steer!  My 2009 VW Jetta turbo diesel wagon
handles very well (and gets 44MPG) and is great for a daily driver.

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

65 Spyder