<VV> OTTO OT10 CAM?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 17:26:31 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/10/2009 7:12:31 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
N2VZD at aol.com writes:

so  looking for answers from people who have actually run into this  , NOT
theories on valve adjustment , oil quality ,etc.

Hi Tim,
Sorry you put this restriction on the advice since I believe it is not the
cam that is at fault.

And if you were asking, I would suggest some diagnostic work to determine
which valve are noisy and coming out of adjustment. And when you do a
running  readjustment, what do you find?  And are you sure the valve spring are
correct and installed correctly. And are you sure the lifters are getting
oil???
It sounds to me like the lifters are gradually bleeding down in use. Have
you determined this to be true?
Regards,
Bob Helt