<VV> Water Injection for L62 110 hp

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 17:32:11 EDT 2009

                                           B"H

Hi all.  I've read articles on Turbocharged Corvairs where water injection helped keep the engine cool, prevent pinging, and smooth out acceleration.

My question is, has anyone tried water injection on a non-turbo Corvair?  I'd like to advance my timing a bit, cause I get MUCH better performance, but of course pinging, even with octane booster.  I've retarded the timing back to close to stock settings, but it would be nice to have a way to improve performance and keep the enging running cooler at the same time.

If you've seen or tried it, how did you hook up the system?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG