<VV> Water Injection for L62 110 hp

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Aug 12 09:12:47 EDT 2009

Have you recurved your distributor? ... Less initial and faster advance to a greater advance at higher speeds.
Ken P

"Bill H." <gojoe283 at yahoo.com> wrote:

                                         B"H

Hi all.  I've read articles on Turbocharged Corvairs where water injection helped keep
the engine cool, prevent pinging, and smooth out acceleration.

My question is, has anyone tried water injection on a non-turbo Corvair?  I'd like to
advance my timing a bit, cause I get MUCH better performance, but of course pinging, even
with octane booster.  I've retarded the timing back to close to stock settings, but it
would be nice to have a way to improve performance and keep the enging running cooler at
the same time.

If you've seen or tried it, how did you hook up the system?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG