<VV> "Corvairs in the Curves XIX"

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Aug 12 12:01:36 EDT 2009

We are pleased to announce the availability of general information and
registration forms for our annual autocross.

"Corvairs in the Curves XIX"
Saturday, September 19, 2009 - Rain date, Saturday, September 26.
Greenville Municipal Stadium, Greenville, South Carolina

This is our nineteenth autocross, a tradition for novices and racers
alike in the Southeast. As always, this is a casual, just-come-out-and-
have-fun event. Make some runs, visit with friends, maybe give someone
a ride in your car, and see how much fun you can have.

If you've never run an autocross, this is the time to try it in a low-
pressure situation without dozens of sports-car guys watching.
Previous entries have included a hearse, a '56 Chevy, a kart, a riding
mower, plus concourse Corvairs, and the fastest autocross Corvairs in
the Southeast.

Spectators are welcome, especially if they are willing to work a
shift! You might even get a ride in somebody's Corvair!

This is the same large lot we ran on two years ago. A small portion at
the end is fenced off for construction, but it's still a large lot
that usually allows for top-of-second-gear or even some third-gear
bursts. The surface is rough but not loose, but the lot is so big,
it's worth it!

Yenko Award winner and kart racer Tony Ellison is the Eventmaster, so
you can expect a fun but challenging course.

CORSA SC members can run any reasonable motor vehicle. Others may run
any Corvair, Corvair-powered or Corvair-bodied vehicle.

To have General Information and Registration forms e-mailed to you: bwschug at charter.net

Eventmaster - Tony Ellison 864-964-9835.
Frontman - Bruce Schug cell 864-616-1573