<VV> Knocking and Octane

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 20:17:04 EDT 2009

                                             B"H

John:  I've NEVER tried regular on my car.  The factory specifes Premium fuel from 1969, imagine what that would be today!

I always use Premium, 93 octane.  In general the car runs nicely, there's a slight hesitation at around 20 mph which completely disappears when I advance the timing.

I'm not interesting in racing or pushing my car hard, but I use her as a driver, and having acceleration comparable to some of the better modern cars, along with a cooler engine for highway driving, would be most welcome.

Bill

PS:  I lived in Silver Spring back the late '70s when I attended grad school in DC.  Beautiful place, I lived just off Georgia Avenue and Noyes Dr.  I really miss the place.