<VV> Hard Start

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 11:43:00 EDT 2009

Jay,
     Also check the charging voltage on the electrical system.  If all connections and voltages are OK, then you may have an internal problem with the hot starter.  Many years ago (1962 to be exact) I had this problem driving back to NYC from Calif.  Every morning for a cold start, the starter worked fine.  But come lunch time, if I forgot and shut off the engine, after lunch it sounded like the battery was practically dead and the engine could hardly turn over much less start.  Fortunately, I could find somebody to push start me (for a fee) and the Torqueflite (like our PG) allowed push starts to take place.  When I got home, I simply went to the junkyard and got a used replacement starter which completely solved the problem.
     Good luck and let us know what you find.
     Frank Burkhard