<VV> OT10 CAM , LIFTER NOISES

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 13 21:30:28 EDT 2009

Tim,

i had (and have heard that others too) 2 lobes completely fail on an
OT-10 cam. Engine always clattered (I purchased it that way). I spent
weeks playing around with the valve lash until one day the clatter
become more than I could stand. I torn down the valve train, after
measuring that the lift on 2 lifters was far (I can't remember the
actual amount) less than all of the others. You could see the wiped out
lobes with the heads still installed, looking through the cylinder
heads. You just drained the oil. Any metal shavings in it? Check the
lift on the 2 offenders before you go any farther. Look at the bottom of
each lifter after you remove them. My guess is that it will be not be a
good sight to see.

Hope you do not have to pull the entire thing down and my guess is
completely incorrect.

jack kean