<VV> Corvairs and Tornadoes

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Sat Aug 15 07:12:16 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

My 66 Monza four door with factory A/C survived the '74 Louisville tornado
with only minor damage caused by me driving it over large downed tree limbs
as I frantically drove home to see the damage. Unfortunately, I can't say
the same for a wrecked but complete Yenko Stinger that I had made a deal on
earlier that same week. It was stored in a shed in nearby Brandenburg, KY
and I had made a deal to buy it for $500. I was to pick it up the next
Saturday. When I returned, the Yenko and shed were completely gone, just a
bare spot in the yard remained. No trace of the car was ever found. The
owner theorized that the tornado had deposited it in the nearby Ohio River.
Anyone have a side-scanning sonar?

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

65 Spyder