<VV> Headrest Benchish Seat

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 00:36:41 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/15/2009 9:02:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Turbo66Coupe writes:

Seth, This is straight off the original window sticker on a 66 Corsa 180
Turbo Coupe!

I've never heard of or seen one either & maybe one of the experts  would
know for sure!

3A82AJ           HEADREST BENCH   SEAT                   $42.15

Thanks

Could be. Is that your car and your sticker? The car came with the
headrests?

Tony Fiore's book, - The Corvair Decade lists:

For 1966 the only option A82 as Headrest, conv. type front seat. (That's a
bench)

For 1967 and 1968, Option A82, Headrest, conventional type front seat
(10100 series - that's a 500 bench)
and
Option AS2   Headrest, special contour type seat (10500  series - That's a
Monza with Buckets)

For 69 - all optional headrests disappeared - they became standard

But the book also confirms that only the 500 series late models had  bench
seats. All 65-up Monzas and Corsas had Buckets. For 1966, though, the
flat-type seats might take the same design headrest as the bench, although I am
sure a few headrest experts will explain the differences. <grin>

(PS - Maybe some at a computer back in 1966 missed a key!)

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette