<VV> follow-up on bogging down, sputtering

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Mon Aug 17 16:14:37 EDT 2009

Finding the "good quality aftermarket coil" may turn out to be just as much
of a crapshoot as the stock types.
I know of several Corvair folks who have installed the "high output"
expensive aftermarket coil and they found out two things:
1. On anything short of a serious race engine there's no improvement in
performance.
2. Reliability of the expensive aftermarket coils is equal to or worse than
stock coils.
BTW, an article in one of Bob Helt's books thoroughly debunks the urban myth
that your stock (or near stock) Corvair engine
will run better with a high output coil.

Turn flame on here, but please spare the group anecdotal "evidence" and
"facts".