<VV> Hood-opening (was: Corvair in JC Penney Ad)

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Aug 17 18:35:03 EDT 2009

aeroned at aol.com wrote:
> I strongly disagree. The "jerks" were the guys that walked up to a strangers car and opened the engine lid. Don't they still [shoot] poeple for doing that in Jersey?

My problem is not with the objection to people opening the hoods of
strangers' cars unbidden.  My issue is the "not in a friendly way"
response, which ensures a New Jersey-like escalation of indignation.
It could have been an opportunity to make new friends, share the
appreciation of Corvairs, and perhaps convey a gentle recommendation
that "do not touch" ought to apply even if there is no sign to that effect.

--Bob