<VV> Hood-opening (was: Corvair in JC Penney Ad)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 18:39:39 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/17/2009 6:35:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Vairtec at optonline.net writes:

My  problem is not with the objection to people opening the hoods of
strangers' cars unbidden.  My issue is the "not in a friendly way"
response, which ensures a New Jersey-like escalation of  indignation.
It could have been an opportunity to make new  friends, share the
appreciation of Corvairs, and perhaps convey a gentle  recommendation
that "do not touch" ought to apply even if there is no sign  to that effect.

--Bob

I agree.  No matter how I might feel inside answering inconsiderate
behavior with boorish behavior doesn't win any converts.  Not that I've  always
been able to be a diplomat.........getting better with age though.

Bob Hall