<VV> follow-up on bogging down, sputtering - Coils

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Mon Aug 17 22:53:58 EDT 2009

At 15:30 8/17/2009 -0400, Ernie Sanders <epssax at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Members:  I put my old coil back on the car.  Much better.  I cleaned the
>grease and dust off of the top.  Doesn't mis-fire or bog down now.  I need
>to find a good quality aftermarket coil.  Seems the stock type ones are a
>crapshoot!  Ernie in Louisville, KY.

Many of the original coils are simply getting old and are failing. If you
are looking for an aftermarket stock-type replacement coil, check out the
MSD Blaster 2.  I have several in use right now--a couple 10+ years--and
have had only excellent performance from them. This model is good for use
with stock points (it needs the stock resistor), Pertronics, SafeGuard, and
most MSD boxes.

I have also used another brand of aftermarket coil; one lasted 3 years, the
other lasted only 3 weeks.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI