<VV> Rich Webers

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 23:23:39 EDT 2009

The question is " way too rich for what?";
Since the Webers are installed on detonation prone turbos, every
precaution---being borderline too rich--- is taken by preparers to
protect the customer from detonation damage..
    The user can then reduce the idle and main jet sizes to his own
peril.
    The answer, if you cannot tolerate the richness, is to use a
progressive adaption and jet the primary side for leaness and good idle
and cruising economy and jet the secondary side for richness and
detonation protection.
   Or you can replace all of that extra fuel with water injection.
    If you use a detonation sensor to retard the spark, then you are
programming in less power.

Warren L.