<VV> Headlights

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Aug 18 23:28:49 EDT 2009

At 09:45 PM 8/18/2009, BILL FENEMORE wrote:

>Are people using these halogens in Corvairs

yes

>and can the wiring handle the extra current draw?

yes

Now the longer answer.  I am not using the ones in the Clark's
catalog, I am using the halogens available at my local auto parts
store.  No particular reason other than laziness.  I am
well-pleased.  I have them in four of four Corvairs -- 63 Rampside,
64 2-dr, 64 Greenbrier, 66 coupe.

That said, the 63 and the two 64s have been converted from the stock
generator to the later Delcotron, and two of the four have the
higher-output "one wire" (here we go again) Delcotron.  The Rampside
and the 64 500 have new replacement wiring harnesses in them (from Clark's).

The Rampside, for some reason, has the best night illumination of all
my vehicles -- including the modern cars!

--Bob