<VV> Today's coils - shroud hole

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Aug 19 14:02:47 EDT 2009

I agree with Dave Keillor's opinion that the hole you describe is to
accommodate AIR pump plumbing on cars so equipped.  As for cars that
have this hole without being AIR cars, I can only guess, and my guess
that these cars were bumped in the back in the late 60s, and repaired
with the available parts of the time.

Feel free to block the hole as Dave did.

--Bob