<VV> Aftermarket Coils Re: follow-up on bogging down, sputtering

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 16:28:10 EDT 2009

Mike,
     Good point!  But I didn't say to ALWAYS bypass the stock ballast resistance used in the stock setup.  Instead, follow the mfrs instructions as to whether or not to use the ORIGINAL STOCK ballast OR to install a NEW one of a certain resistance.  The point I was trying to make was to consider the ENTIRE setup including all the wiring to and from the primary side of the coil.  This is especially true if you're using an electronic replacement of the stock ignition points.
     Frank Burkhard