<VV> (no subject)

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Aug 20 01:19:20 EDT 2009

And another one is no longer available for restoration. Gee, if we junk
another 5000, the remaining ones will be worth many tens of thousands of
dollars as they will be rare. Of course Corsa will only have a few
hundred members and convention will only be held at Pebble Beach... And
I thought the current chatter was how to grow the club.

Location, location, location. Not owning a trailer, I limit purchases to
what can be hauled on borrowed trailer or commercial carrier. Never see
any minor project / daily driver rampsides for sale in this area. Daily
drivers are still wanted and driven around here.

Did you try to sell it locally or regionally? Craigslist. Corsa website?
Local paper to catch non-Corsa members. If you don't advertise, it will
not sell.

Parts- latches are like gold for the ramp and tailgate. Even cores for
replating. Axles with bearings are very desirable. Now if it has been in
the swamp for 20 years, maybe there are no parts to save.  Pictures
would help.

Quit looking at evilbay. Not a representative sample anymore. Craigslist
has replaced them for projects and parts for local shoppers.

Around here we have a member that takes all our excess parts cars.
Better to let him store them and let club members have access to parts
than recycle them into Hondas. So you don't get any money for the scrap
value, think of all the club members you help! It is even better to give
the vehicle to another person who might restore it or get parts off it
than send it to the recycler and get a little money for your wallet.
Once gone, gone forever.

Frank DuVal

"You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone"