<VV> BETTER HEADLIGHTS REVISITED

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 17:57:26 EDT 2009

 Given that lumen output of an incandescent lamp goes with the 3.5 power of voltage, I can't stress enough about how important relays are, as well as having a sufficient supply of current to keep the headlights at their proper voltage. These nomographs show this rather clearly!

http://www.lif.co.uk/media/18.jpg

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Documents/IN%20Voltage.htm

In fact, several years ago, CATZ made a voltage booster, that added up to 2 volts to the lighting supply! Not sure they still make it, but it should make for some darn impressive high beams!

John Roberts