<VV> 65 corsa coupe project and hot rod 140 engine for sale

Ray Rodriguez (Grymm) grymm at echoes.net
Thu Aug 20 14:57:24 EDT 2009

Greetings folks,

     Some of you may remember me from when I was an active member here, or
maybe even from the convention I attended in Buffalo...  Apologies
for disappearing but I'm sure you all understand the way life can
drag you away from things....

     My father recently asked me (not for the first time, but more
firmly!) to remove my corvair project car from his garage.  This is
both where I stored and worked on the car...  and given that I have
no other place to store it and wont be able to resume work on it any
time soon I'm going to sell it.. truth be told I could use the money
right now anyway (but of course selling this one now only means I'll
have to buy another when I am ready!!).

     All the photos you will find helpful should be available by following
this link, if anyone finds it does not work let me know asap please!!

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/corsa%20project/

again, let me know asap if that doesnt work!

     Now some info:  1965 Corsa 140/4 coupe with clean PA title. Car was
originally dark green. Actual mileage is believed to be 113,000 but
when I got the title back from the state it read 0 actual miles LOL..
nice job penndot... its supposed to read "beyond mechanical limits"
or some such.

     The car itself is a very solid project car...  I drove it home about
100 miles when I bought it a few years ago, it had been stored in a
storage container in New Jersey for a long time (8 years I think).

The Engine:  The engine was hot rodded by the last owner.  The rebuild has
very very little mileage on it based on inspection of the cylinder walls
(no shoulder at all... none).  The engine has a 280 isky cam, forged
pistons, max bore, offenhauser valve covers, and a clarks aluminum finned
oil pan.  The carbs were modded for performance (little tubes for hard
corners etc.) but they need to be rebuilt.  I took the heads to the
"Corvair Ranch" and had them rework the heads including new valve seats
and porting the heads for max performance (they charged me $900.00 I
think).  The gentleman who did the work told me the heads had been
previously ported, but he made some improvements.  The engine and trans
have been cleaned and all the sheetmetal painted matte black.  The fan
cover was chromed by larry's in cali.  I put all brand new lifters in as
well, one was stuck.

The Trans:  The trans is a 66 4-speed.   I never was able to find the
letter indicating what ratio the diff is but it is a posi.  When I drove
the car home the trans felt great.  The clutch is brand new from clarks,
as is the throwout bearing etc.

Other performance parts:  This car also has koni adjustable shocks and
performance springs.  These parts are older, but low mileage and seem in
good working order.

The bad:  The car has rust in the bottom corners of the fender doglegs as
most do, the usual spot near the driver door hinges is also rusted
(pictured).  The trunk floor needs replacement (clarks has the panel for
this).  The bottom corner of the left quarter (behind the wheel) was
repaired for rust at some point... but was not showing any rust when I got
the car.  The right quarter I didnt see any sign of trouble or repair.
The last item is:  This car had a fitch roof on it.  There was
considerable rust damage under the fitch roof on the tops of the quarters
and the rear window pillars.  I gave pics of this damage... I think its an
easy fix.  The lower front panel (below the front bumper) is a bit banged
up, and the front 8 inches or so of the left front fender needs a little
body work (see picture, its not bad at all).  I do not have a windshielf
for the car... it was cracked so I scrapped it.

The good:  This car is very solid.  Floorpans are great etc..  I dont
think there is any significant rust other than that specified above.  In
working on this car I have not found any nasty rust...  all bolts have
been in good shape and come out easily.

Other notes:  The car is mostly complete but I do not have front seats for
it at all.  The factory steering wheel was also missing when I purchased
it, as well as the aluminum headlight bezels.  The stainless trim for
around the tail light cove was beat up, so I think I got rid of it.  I
have a complete deluxe heater kit from clarks, most of which is already
installed in/on the car (new hoses, new fan and motor etc.).  The
windshield and rear glass are not in the car currently as I was cleaning
and painting the frames...  I have no windshield, but I do have the rear
window.  I have the fitch roof that came off the car.  It is beat up but
someone with patience and basic fiberglass skills could save it.

Just to reiterate....

Custom parts included (already installed):

Isky 280 cam
forged pistons
offenhauser valve covers
finned aluminum clarks oil pan
larrys chromed 140 fan cover
koni adustable shocks
sport springs
beat up fitch roof (not installed, take it if you want it)

Performance mods:

Isky 280 cam
forged pistons
max bore
ported heads (by corvair ranch)
carb mods
66 4 speed trans (instead of 65)

Thanks for looking, email me back if you are interested or have questions!

grymm at echoes.net