<VV> BETTER HEADLIGHTS REVISITED

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Fri Aug 21 14:21:20 EDT 2009

The one you should've gotten for driving with dangerously illegal
headlights.

Yeah right!  Ever seen anybody get one?

Back in the day, due to running more 24 hour races than I ever wanted to,
Zelmot was one of our sponsors.  We ran with 4 2 Million candela Zelmot
pencil-beam drivers which were allegedly the same lights that Ivan used in
Tu-95 "Bear" bombers for landing lights (and they only used two....the
lights had their own alternator.  I swear, you could bubble paint off the
car in front of you with those lights.  With a bunch of those lights "in
stock" and having spent a long trip back from Brainerd with Minnesota and
Wisconsin morons with "light-bar" pick-up trucks and apparently the dimmer
switch located in an unknown location...I mounted a pair of those big
bruisers on our tow vehicle.  If an on-coming driver failed to dim.....guess
what happened?  Always worked...never PO an engineer, we're VERY "goal
oriented"!