<VV> Assistance with a carb problem

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 23 11:20:32 EDT 2009

Bob,
 Pull the offending carb again and reset the float level. I'd guess the float level is too high or the float seal is not doing the job intended. Also just a technical term, if the sound is in the muffler, it is an after fire and ..........."The engine starts easily and revs fine but has a rough idle.  While at idle, perhaps once or twice per minute and seemingly at random I get a back fire -
more like a loud "phut" through the muffler."

 A true back fire is when the carb goes "bang" with a flame out of it. It can scorch your eyebrows if you are unlucky to be looking into the carb.

 MIKE KOVACS