<VV> looking for a good corvair "driver" to buy cheap

Ray Rodriguez (Grymm) grymm at echoes.net
Tue Aug 25 02:52:53 EDT 2009

Greetings folks,

     I am now looking for a "driver" corvair....  must be a 2 door in decent enough shape to be likely to make the drive to NE PA.  I'm fine with it needing lots of details, paint, torn seats etc... but I want it to be as rust free as possible and mechanically sound.  I strongly prefer a manual trans, and I'd prefer not to have a 110hp engine... but thats not set in stone by any means.

     I'd be willing to buy a car pretty much anywhere in the US, the idea is to buy the car, take a bus out and drive it home.  If I break down I'll make arrangements to get it home another way.

     I am looking to spend as little as possible... hopefully 1K or less, but the right deal might encourage me to borrow some money.  The goal is to get a car that can get me around when need be, while I make improvements.  Once my other project corvair is finished or sold this one would get finished up.

     Don't worry, I know what I'm getting into... I've daily driven three corvairs over the past 7 years.... every one of my "driver" cars was purchased for under 1K.

Thanks much!

Ray Rodriguez III