<VV> Body Trim Clips

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 19:17:35 EDT 2009

I was checking on these clips earlier this year for my 1960 700, and
although I've looked up the GM numbers, it didn't do me any good.  They
are simply out of production, including vendors.  See my post from June
2nd on this forum, and note the overwhelming response <grin>.  Maybe
Clark's is listening?

I found 1 (one) NOS push in one out at Corvair Underground by personally
looking under all the rocks.  I think for the push in type, there are
some plastic ones in the Auveco catalog that will work, but they are not
a perfect substitute.

The screw in ones, well, see Richard Widmark's (the Bolivian oil guy)
website on the restoration of his 1960 -- check out the part for
restoring the stainless trim where he shows the clips, or a reasonabole
facsilime of them, being made.  Making them is probably the order of the
day -- I'd probably think about copper tube and soldering on a  brass
nut -- seems welded ones like Richard's would corrode too quickly and
you'd be back to square one -- maybe his were brazed ...

I was looking for holes (mentioned in a previous post) in the photo I
got, but all I saw was a great looking young group of Future Corvair
Owners -- looked sorta like a club, like Future Farmers (FFA).  Nice car
in the background <grin>.

Bill Strickland