<VV> Shopping New Tires for the 67

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Aug 31 09:50:31 EDT 2009

Not much out there in this size... this is a popular size for several European cars, so there is always a lot of discussion of what's out there...

I use this on a couple of my non-Corvairs... for a Corvair I prefer the 205/60-14 or 215/60-14 (not many options there either though since the Comp T/A is apparently out of production... just the Yoko ES100 left)

Since Michelin stopped production of their H-rated Energy tire about 4 years ago, the only real performance option (short of the Coker Ferrari reproduction Michelins at $400 a corner) in the 205/70-14 is the Sumi HTR200... for the money a very good tire, but summer only.

For all season use, I like one of the Kumho options... similar in performance to the other brands but a few bucks cheaper.

Where I could on my cars, I've tried to move away from 14" tires due to lack availability of tires... but in two cases I have rare period option alloys which I want to keep using, so I'm stuck with what I consider to be subpar tires... the price of fashion. ;-)

Good luck!
Bill