<VV> Early Model tires-brands & size

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Dec 1 16:27:17 EST 2009

OK,

I know this subject has been beaten to death in the past. However, I would
like some opinions on tire brands and sizes for my 36 Spyder. What are you
guys running?

I currently have BF Goodrich TA radials P175/70R13 on it. BFG no longer
makes them. They are mounted on 4-spoke, 4-lug Cragar SS 13" wheels that are
5.5 wide with a 1" negative offset.  I feel that they are a little short
which also gives me an inaccurate speedometer. I would like to have a wide
footprint but do not want to rub.

This car is a daily driver. However, I do like to drive aggressively now and
then. Speedometer accuracy is not that important but would be nice. I live
in Southern California so snow & ice are not a consideration. I am
unemployed so price is a factor. I just sold some stuff on EBay for tire
money.

The following is what I have found so far in sizes but haven't found a
particular tire or brand yet.

650-13   864 Revs per mile(RPM)  STOCK

P175/70 R13  915 RPM  INSTALLED NOW

195/70 R13   865 RPM