<VV> Opinion on rear coil springs-conclusion and new tires

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Wed Dec 2 03:09:46 EST 2009

“I can’t find fault in others until I find fault in myself”  unknown author

When I read the notes from the previous owner included with my car, they
said that there were 64 rear springs on the car and that they needed to be
replaced.

This afternoon, I jacked my car up and after about ½ hour of work, I removed
one of my rear springs (first time always takes longer). I inspected the
removed spring and found a Clark’s label on it. It read C3026RC, the correct
spring for my 63 Convertible. Lying under the car with a flashlight and a
mirror, I found a sticker on the other spring with the same number.

Oh well, I made a big deal out of nothing. Thanks anyway for all of you that
gave me input.

By the way, The 63 hard top springs I was going to put on the car are
dramatically smaller wire and about an inch taller than the convertible
spring.

JR,

I agree, 64 springs are not as strong as 63’s, no mater how you spell it
<SMILE>

I just ordered a set of 5 Cooper 185/70-13 tires at $42.10 each. The size
and brand was the consensus of all my responses from all you guys. They will
be in stock on Thursday. I will report on my thoughts after they are
mounted.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert (with 63 rear springs)