<VV> Engine Question

John Weigel jwvair65 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 23:33:26 EST 2009

Have any of you installed 95HP heads on an 'RN' 140 engine (140/PG)?  I'm rebuilding a 140 and have the short block ready to assemble with all new/reconditioned parts (all stock).  The 140 heads still need to be completely gone through.  I have a pair of reconditioned 95 heads (quality job - new guides, seats, etc).  I was thinking of installing the 95 heads until I have the 140 heads done.  The 140/PG used the 95HP cam and an offset gear on the crank to improve the low end performance with the PG.  Effectively I'd be building a 95 engine with altered crank-cam timing, but don't know how much its performance would be changed.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks.

John