<VV> Director`s Comments in Communique

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Dec 3 14:08:33 EST 2009

If nothing else, Jackson's column got us talking.

The 2011 convention was just the tip of the ice berg. We still don't have a bid for 2012, which should have been due this year. The board has done some begging to no avail, yet. 2013 isn't looking that great either as no chapter has requested the bid paperwork. There are some talk and rumors about 2012 and 2013, but nothing official. So if you're East or Central chapter has ever dreamed about hosting a convention this might be you chance.

Now as far as Jackson's column, it was a bit harsh for my tastes but I have to agree with the gist. Along with the convention situation, look at the last couple director elections. They were uncontested and there was some begging to get the one candidate for some seats. Is our membership becoming the apathetic? We're 6 months away from the next election, please prove me wrong (take my seat, please).

CORSA is in serious financial times mostly because of the dropping membership. IMO things are going to have to change. Kent suggested some like ending or big changes to the annual convention. There could also be changes in the Communique, fewer issues or electronic delivery. There are some other things in work, nothing is "off the table" at this point. Some things won't be liked by some members. I can say that most of the current board is doing their best to preserve CORSA and make it better and that includes Jackson. There is just no way we can continue doing things like we have and anytime things change, there are going to be unhappy people. The only thing I can recommend is to run rd so you can have some first hand input in the changes that will come.

Ned
Central Division Director