<VV> CORSA

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu Dec 3 22:52:09 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/3/2009 5:22:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
flash at vicsmba.com writes:

I would  tend to agree more with $100 than $45 -- but at least try $75

a change  from 45 to 75 would increase revenues more than 50% and
would not increase  expenses.
Only true if there's no membership decrease. CORSA looses members, about
200 or so each time the dues are increased. Past dues increases have been
just a  few dollars, less than $20. How many would we loose when dues are
nearly  doubled?

FWIW, $45 and the current membership numbers is very close to a break even
situation. There are variables like the convention and merchandise profit
or  loss. Hopefully everyone is buying the new reworked Tech Guides Vol 1 and
 2 and the soon to be released Vol 3 (BTW Harry, Mike and several other
members volunteered their time and talents to rework Vol 1 and 2 and they  did
a great job).

The financial equation is pretty simple for a non-profit, expenses should
be equal to income. We just raised the dues, so now it's time to reduce
expenses. Fortunately this was the year to redo the M&P contract. It is  a
great asset that Harry and Mike are also CORSA members and real Corvair guys.
There are other expenses that the board is working on to reduce.

At the same time, members are asking for more stuff and services. Many
people want the web site to be revised (me included). That takes money and/or
volunteers. We have a little of one and none of the other. Others have been
asking for different, more, updated CORSA merchandise. That's something
that is  also being worked, well planned.

You all must remember, Harry and Mike are the only people CORSA pays and
their jobs do not include everything CORSA needs to get done (although they
frequently do more than they are required). The rest of the "workers" and
board  members are all volunteers. As such, the CORSA needs are often last on
the  priority list as it should be. After all this is JUST a car club.

Ned