<VV> CORSA

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Fri Dec 4 07:10:54 EST 2009

I read the offending article and agree that it makes no agenda for
improvement of our structure. Going online is not a serious solution for a
real organization with employees and volunteers.  The method of our
organization is largely governed by the laws and tax code of our country.
To have all of the benefits we enjoy, I.e, insurance, tax avoidance,
national prominence, membership organization, an administrative office,
institutional memory, publications, merchandising, conventions and, not
least, parts resources to maintain our vehicles, requires a bureaucracy of
paid and unpaid workers. CORSA must be a legal entity.  That costs money.
If you cant' pay, you can't play.  Becoming a FACEBOOK page or a net meeting
is utterly ridiculous. If we can't survive with the model we have, which is
very reasonable, then probably its due to lack of interest in the
preservation of Corvairs, not a failing of the organizational structure.
There is no denying that those on fixed incomes and economic hardship find
it hard to pay higher dues.  On the other hand, non-members can and do
support CORSA without paying dues by buying ads, merchandise and supporting
CORSA Communique advertisers who donate their time and money to CORSA.  I
think its easy to get jaded about the organization because its not very
"exciting" but there are a lot of unsung heroes involved who care deeply to
make things happen so the rest of us can show up and have fun and spend our
money.
Crawford