<VV> Fwd: Director`s Comments in Communique

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Dec 4 11:44:30 EST 2009

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this:

There are *two* people who are paid to work for the management
company.  There are some other direct expenses - for example, CORSA
pays most of the Internet connection for the server ($850/year).  The
CORSA budget is published every year, BTW.

*Everything* else is done by volunteers.  I'm not paid *anything* for
my time.  Neither is anyone else on VV-help.  None of the Directors
are paid.  None of the Committee Chairs are paid.  Nobody.  There's
also no significant revenue stream other than dues - and there have
been several tries to get advertising, among other things.

BTW, this isn't directed at Ray, but for my several detractors:

Just to be clear on my position, I will happily give up my position
*this very moment* to someone else who will do better.  Any takers?  I
already offered a resignation once this year, I meant it then, and I
mean it now.  I will make backup tapes *tonight* and FedEx them to
whoever the BOD approves.  It's not too late.

--Bryan