<VV> LOOK OUT! a Corvair Question - 64 trans (front engine) mounts

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 4 12:12:35 EST 2009

I realize this is an interruption of the current political threads, but --

Do the 1964 front engine mounts lower the transmission compared to
earlier style mounts?  Meaning is there more space between the
crossmember and the bracket with the 64 units vs. the 60-63 style which
mount the bracket rather close to the crossmember?

If so, I would find that to be rather interesting -- I just don't have
any 64 mounts to compare with.

Thank you,

Bill Strickland