<VV> Dues for Dave Thompson - DONE!!!

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Fri Dec 4 17:33:52 EST 2009

Folks, we have nine individuals who have pledged to each send a check,
made out to "CORSA", for $5, to CORSA, PO Box 607, Lemont, IL 60439.
Please note on your check "Dave Thompson dues".

Also, thanks to Bob Johnson who was the 10th volunteer, which won't be
necessary. Bob, if anyone else's pledge doesn't come through, I'll let
you know.

Harry Jensen - Please be on the lookout for these checks. Please let
us know when they have all arrived and Dave's dues are paid.

On Dec 4, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Bruce Schug wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2009, at 2:46 PM, Dave Thompson wrote:
>

>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Please ..no one start on the "special circumstances".....  when you
>> are
>> "Down"... you should get out!
>>

>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Matt Nall
>> Charleston, Oregon
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> I'm down and out. I haven't found a decent paying job since I was
>> laid off
>> Jan 9 2009. Living on unemployment makes me feel less of a man.
>> Because of
>> that, CORSA dues was not paid this year I'm ashamed to say. got'a
>> take care
>> of the family first. Hopefully, I will get a call back from the
>> interview I
>> had last week soon. If I do, I intend to pay my CORSA dues from the
>> first
>> paycheck. I don't think that " special circumstances " apply to me.
>>
>> I'm a two-year newbie to CORSA. In that short time, I have gained a
>> wealth
>> of knowledge and found a great deal of friends through my Corvair
>> hobby. If
>> the only thing I got out of CORSA was this wonderful chat group,
>> Virtual
>> Vairs, I would still pay the dues as soon as I can.
>>
>> Thanks people for being my friend. I hope someday I can meet more
>> of you
>> face to face.
>>

> I remember something that happened years ago at our annual Christmas
> Party. We have everyone bring unwrapped gifts. Everyone who has paid
> their dues gets raffle tickets. Stubs are drawn and the winners get
> their pick of the gifts.
>
> Well, one guy came to the party but hadn't paid his $15 dues so
> wasn't getting tickets. When asked if he was paying his dues, he
> replied that he was laid off and couldn't afford it. Lonzo Greene
> promptly paid his dues for him.
>
> So...
>
> If 9 guys each sent $5 to CORSA, Dave's dues would be paid. My name
> is #1. We need 8 more guys to each agree to send $5 for Dave's
> dues.  When this list is complete, my check goes in the mail.
>
> 1. Bruce Schug
> 2. Roger Lindholm
> 3. Chuck Armer
> 4. Bruce Levitch