<VV> [SCG] '62 with gasoline heater now on YouTube

Dave Newell chevrobilia at juno.com
Fri Dec 4 23:40:20 EST 2009

Hi Bill,
Looks like someone (a dealer or individual) did a nice job of installing the heater, probably from a leftover 61 accessory kit or another car.
It would be interesting to see if there's any evidence that the car had a direct air heater at one time. If a '62 car was ordered with the intent of installing a gas heater at the dealership, it would have been ordered with the heater delete option and there should be correct cover plates over the heater hose holes in the front shrouds and of course cover plates over the heater air outlets below the rear seat and at floor level in the front.
These delete plates were the same pieces that were standard equipment in '61 when no heater of any kind was standard. Technically they can only be called delete plates after 1961.
Even though we haven't finished decoding 62 Fisher Body option codes, the body plate in the engine compartment should be coded for the heater delete option. Can you take a photo of the plate or copy the information for us? The VIN would be helpful too.
Yes, the jack isn't Corvair.
Dave