<VV> Future of CORSA

Test User vair65 at sisna.com
Sat Dec 5 13:07:27 EST 2009

i for one like this idea. having joined corsa in 1978 the annual cries of
poverty have never ceased. the dues have been raised and people quit because
of it. not a sign of progress as far as i'm concerned. what i would really
like to see is a poll taken of the local clubs of their members of how many
would quit if they had to join corsa. for years this has been going back and
forth without anyone rally knowing what the end results would be. what harry
said about corsa being the fabric that held everything together was true
when i joined as the www didn't exist. now i'm not so sure. i think that it
would be good to get rid of the "corvair only" attidue. some of the best
times i've ever had with my 65 corsa was with other car clubs. the big 6
austin healey club really comes to mind. we appreciated each others cars for
what they were and i felt more appreciated in their company than at the
national conventions i have attended. another thing to remember is that some
that aren't renewing corsa for whatever reason are the rank and file that
has kept corsa going over the years and to tell them that if they can't
afford the mag then they shouldn't be in the hobby is really a insult to
them. off of soapbox-mike mann