<VV> The 1965 Corvair trunk latch? w/ story

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Dec 5 13:49:57 EST 2009

Yes, there is a spring that holds the safety latch in position.

If this spring rusts and dissapears, the safety latch will not function.

Then if you don't close the trunk lid all the way, the lid will fly
open, break the hinges, and, if driving a convertible with the top down,
the lid will tap you on the top of your head as it falls gently down
scraping the engine lid on its journey to the road.

BTDT, what an experience!

Frank DuVal

PS, then since the top is down, you calmly walk back to the lid, pick it
up, and place it in the back seat area of your convertible and drive
away....