<VV> CORSA cool people

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Dec 5 21:07:46 EST 2009

At 06:36 PM 12/5/2009, chris mann wrote:
>http://www.app.com/article/20091203/NEWS/912030371/1966-Corvair-makes-unique-Christmas-gift--stays-in-Berkeley-man-s-family
>
>you guys are so way cool.....

Not so much for several of the commentators who dropped off remarks
at the site...  ;)

"The Corvair is the car that was proclaimed "the car that is unsafe
at any speed" owing to its weight in the rear and its
suspension."   There's always a Nimrod who has to spout a
cliche.   What IS it with these people?   Proclaimed by
who?   Nader?   ...as if he's an expert?   Or those who parrot him
like good little sycophants...

"I'll make a bet that no Corvair owner ever changed a
starter."        Who did he think changed them?    Dealerships?   Or,
did he infer that Corvair starters last forever thus never need
changing?    Would they rather change a starter on a Caddy STS?  Or,
how about a starter on a 426 Hemi engine with headers?

...I had to replace the brushes in a '60 starter about 20 years
ago.   It's still starting.   Maybe this time it WILL last forever.

A remarkable thing happened regarding a Corvair that was, with the
help of a pack of people on this list, transported halfway across the
country to present it to a son whose father had passed on, which is
in my opinion something to revel in and appreciate.

My respects to the people who made it happen...and my -annoyance- to
those who would smart off about it.

tony..       remaining true to form re:  JDW's V.V. observations