<VV> Trans X-member

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 6 00:03:01 EST 2009

Of the many iterations of this bracket on the front of the transmission,
and since I have exceedingly limited 3-speed experience,  do the three
speed brackets look a bit like weird (flat) PG brackets (since all PG's
are basically the same and this one bracket I have that I'd like to
identify looks most like an early PG bracket except some of the holes
are wrong)?

PS:  Stopped by a friends house, where he has a 64 Spyder in the garage
with the engine out for repair, and removed one of his trans mounts for
a close inspection and first hand comparison to an earlier mount.
Thanks to all who have commented about these mounts.  Also checked his
trans spacer - 3/8".

Now back to politics as usual --

Bill Strickland