<VV> Pan Gasket Question - Age?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 20:42:55 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/6/2009 7:56:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
chieftam at aol.com writes:

Hey,  quick question.  I was looking through some of my boxes of parts,
and
I found a pan gasket from NAPA, still in the plastic.  It looks  like
cork,
it isn't real think though.  It is old however,  probably at least 10
years
or more, as I think it came in a box of  parts I got with one of my  cars.
Since I have a pan leak, I am  going to helicoil a couple of holes  and try
to fix the leak.  I  need a gasket.  Will this old one work? Do  they go
bad
with  age?  Thanks.

Todd in TX

Todd,

I've used "old" Felpro gaskets that were in plastic and they worked  fine.
They might not last as long as when "new" but I have an  old  installed
that has been leak free for years.

Bob