<VV> Sedans are cheap???

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 7 13:01:35 EST 2009

Folks,

Let's not use the term "Cheap" when referring to sedans or any other Corvair. I have a '62 Monza sedan with a very big list of options. It was anything but cheap and doesn't look any cheaper than a late model 4 door "Sport Sedan".  The roof line, in fact, is almost identical to my Dad's 60 Impala 4 door hardtop.  (Now, would that be a Sport Sedan??). I believe the sticker on it was more than my sister paid for her stripped 65 4 door hardtop sedan.  So, in comparison, that would make the LM 4 door hardtop "Cheap" in relation to the 'loaded 62 Monza sedan. My buddy had a '66 Biscayne 2 door (POST) sedan. Now that was a cheap car....until the 427 cid V8 option was checked off.  Looked cheap but cost about as much as my 66 Impala SS with a mouse motor. What is cheap??

We really need to stop calling each other's babies ugly. We can argue back and forth about terminology and in fact, the sedan argument  has rather amused me over the year or so that it has been going on.  But let's not degrade other folks choice of cars.  I love all Corvairs. EM and LM and FC.

Oh yea.... how do you "load" a "Loadside" from the side? There, I gave us something to argue about besides sedans!!!

BobJ

CORSA since 72

63 500 coupe

63 Spyder Convert

62 Monza "sporty sedan - uncheap at any speed"