<VV> Playing nice

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Dec 7 16:15:33 EST 2009

Bill
Not my job to defend anything Mark says.  Just found your message interesting.
---- Bill Hubbell <whubbell at cox.net> wrote:

> I challenge Mark to tell me my 1964 4-door Monza is somehow less of a car
> because it is a "sedan".

I wouldn't think it's any less of a car than any other Corvair, or any other car for that matter.   I like the look of the LM pillarless cars, 2dr and 4dr, and prefer them highly to the EM 4dr car.   Just a preference.

> I challenge Mark to tell me why I should be "insulted" by my car's Concours
> or Autocross scores (Gold medal and highest scoring 4-door 5 times running -
> 3 national Autocross first place finishes)

If Concours and Autocross gets your knickers in a wad, go for it.  I see trophies as things that gather dust.  Some people LIVE for a trophy, for a wide variety of reasons, which I won't mention because  I think you do these things because you  enjoy the competition, not the unmentionable reasons---and I don't want to offend you.

 I challenge Mark to tell me why I should be "insulted" that my lowly "sedan"
> won the "Best of Show" award against a field of 100 some cars of all years,
> makes, and models (including showroom new cars).

I don't think he would.  I wouldn't.

> I challenge Mark to tell me why I should be "insulted" that my "sedan" was
> placed in the Corvette museum for these past 3 months.

All these things you mention above don't mean a hill of beans to me.  But neither can I find a reason why you should feel insulted.

> Finally, I ask for a vote of the VV membership to the following question -
> Whose car would you rather own?
> - my "insulting" 1964 "sedan" or Mark's "nothing cheap about it" 1967
> "Hardtop 4-door Sports Sedan"?

You know I saw your car before you started on it, while you were working on it, and since it was finished.  Nothing certainly to be ashamed or insulted about , a great restoration job that we both know didn't come cheap.

I'd rather have the LM.   That's just me.

> The winner gets to call his car whatever he wants.

I call mine a Corvair---How about you?

Hank