<VV> Monza GT and original Ford Mustang

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 13:50:15 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/9/2009 10:15:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ricebugg at mtco.com writes:

While I  read Iacocca's book many years ago, I do not remember anything
specific  from it.  Kind the same information retention from reading "On a
Clear  Day You Can See GM", which I valued so much I did nor retain it in
my
library.  In retrospect, I think the Mustang as a horse idea was  better
than
the WWII airplane idea.  The Mustang horse in the sports  model of the
species from what little I know about horses.  It P-51  was merely the best
mass produced fighter in WWII.  And we can blame  or credit both North
American Aviation and the English for that.  I  cannot actually think of any
cars purposefully named after  aircraft.

A mustang is simply a feral horse--has to be caught and tamed (difficult to
 do either.)

If Ford had claimed the P-51 as the inspiration for the "pony car", the
public in general wouldn't have identified with the hot plane, but most people
 would see "wild horse" in a more promising light.  (Excuse my lack of
command of the English language.)

Scotty from Hollyweird

.

.