<VV> New Forum

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Dec 9 16:42:08 EST 2009

There are a couple of things on my requirements list, if the goal is
to unite, rather than fragment.  One is there, one is missing, but
they both tie to the same goal:

An ability to view *all* the threads - which it does.  I think a lot
of people underestimate the value of being able to read everything
easily.  Do you really want Smitty to *not* read about the engine
problem in a late model?  Do you want John Roberts to skip your wiring
post about an early?  I could go on, but you get the idea - don't
expect there to only be one place to post something.

An e-mail gateway.  There are several things a web forum *doesn't* do
- like allow you to read posts if you're offline, or save them to an
archive.  I don't know if Scott has that implemented or not.

I'll tell people right now, some people read most everything.  If you
make that too hard, they won't.  There is a downside to that.  I don't
go to the F-150 site very often, even tho Ellie's had one for years.
I go when I'm curious about something, but I don't go just to read.
Web forums are "pull", e-mail is "push".  Something to consider when
you need to know *now*.  We like to use the business world as a model
for CORSA, so how does business communicate things that are important?

--Bryan